Thursday, December 10, 2015

Bodee Wayne Eddie

We headed to Pocatello on Sunday November 15th! I was set to be induced Monday morning. We headed in at 6 am and we were super excited! I was nervous as well so Beau was a great support and made sure he gave me a blessing before we got to hospital.  The kids were so excited that they finally reached the big day on their countdown chart that Grandma Bell made for them!
This is me the morning before I had him!! 
Things started off well. They got my IV started and got ready to start. I was dilating on my own which was very nice since I never have been able to do that before! I was progressing well and wasn't in too much pain. As I dilated to a 5 I was feeling pretty strong contractions and so they decided to get me set up for the epidural and plan to break my water! I was very relieved when a good friend of mine came in! My friend Brock's dad was working and did a wonderful job explaining the epidural and was the one who got to perform it! I was so grateful to know him and felt comfortable! After the epidural and water breaking I was able to try to relax and rest. I was starving but other than that I was doing okay at this point. My mom brought the kids up to see us for a minute at this point and I am glad. 


After a few more hours I was getting a bit discouraged. Not a ton of progress....it was still moving faster than with Callie and Decker, but I was ready for this baby boy to come! My contractions were getting stronger and I was able to feel them....my legs were still numb but the pressure and contractions I could feel. My nurse came in at 5 and informed me that she was ending her shift and that my new nurse was...Hillary! This is my sister Heidi's niece and I was so relieved. She came in and started to get things moving! Then she checked me and said I was about an 8 and 80%.  After a few minutes I told her I felt like I needed to push so at 5:53 she brought Dr. Jones in. At 5:55 He said "we need to get set up. She is complete and ready to push." They quickly got everything ready and the resident dr. came in and at 5:57 I began pushing. I pushed harder than ever as I could feel pain. The dr. even said at one point "You can take a break if you need....." I looked at him and kept pushing and he laughed and said, "Or the Bell in you could come out and you can keep pushing!" Haha Beau and Hillary were the best coaches and were super encouraging so I am so grateful they were there. I pushed for two minutes and at 5:59pm Bodee Wayne Eddie was born. Well...Baby Boy Eddie! We weren't 100% sure what we were planning on naming him at this point! He weighed 8lbs. even and was 21 1/2 inches long. Our biggest baby!  I was so relieved and so happy! I really appreciate Dr. Jones, Hillary, and Beau as they were a huge support. The blessing of delivering a baby is like nothing else....I always feel so close to my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ....I feel that my testimony is strengthened so much....to hold a brand new little spirit in my arms and know that I have been entrusted with the best gift ever. I am so blessed to be able to carry and bear children and I am so grateful for the spirit it brings into my life. I am not a perfect mom at all...but I try my best and I LOVE my children more than anything in this world. They have changed me for good. 
This first picture is the instant they placed Bodee on my chest...the relief and happiness is indescribable. I think the look on my face says it quite well. 




This is the best Dr. there is. Dr. Jones has been amazing and delivered all 3 of my babies! Love this man! 

After having the baby my kids were anxiously waiting to come in and see their little brother!!! 
 After I got situated and moved to my recovery room the nurse from the nursery came in to take Bodee to get his first bath and the kids and Grandma Bell got to watch Daddy bath him! The kids thought that was pretty cool! 




Then they LOVED getting to hold him for the first time! 








 Bodee is so loved already! He had several visitors and we are so grateful we got to deliver in Pocatello so that family could be a part of it!

















After a night in the hospital we waited for 24 hour mark and got ready to take our Bodee home! 






We planned to put the older two kids in the very back seat in the car and they were not having that! We squeezed them all in the middle row cause they wanted to be by Bodee! 

We are so blessed to have this little guy in our home. What a blessing he is! 

No comments:

Post a Comment