Friday, October 2, 2015

What 30 taught me!

Yesterday I was able to celebrate my 30 birthday! It was a difficult one to swallow....being 8 months pregnant definitely added some extra emotions as well! Haha! I started the day off sleeping in and snuggling my two amazing kids. Then we lounged around and relaxed (which is what I wanted). Then Beau planned a lunch date and my awesome sister in law Jylisha watched my kids! Thank you! We went and had a yummy lunch date at Famous Dave's BBQ and then after we picked the kids back up we headed to a movie as a family! We went to Jurrassic World in 3D and it was so fun! The kids thought they were pretty cool to have awesome glasses, popcorn, and a drink! Something you can tell we don't ever splurge on....but when ya go to the cheap theater and can get all of you in, glasses, and large refillable popcorn and two large refillable drinks all for a whopping $16 you do it! HAHA! Anyhow. After the movie we went on a little drive, came home, put kids to bed, took a hot bath, and snuggled. I am so extremely grateful for my family. I have an amazing husband, beautiful kids, awesome parents, thoughtful siblings, and some pretty great in laws. What a blessing it is to be a part of two amazing families. Although this birthday was an emotional one I was able to realize the beauty of simplicity. My doorbell didn't ding a bunch of times....I didn't get showered with tons of material gifts, BUT I was able to reflect on the last 30 years and what matters. Several family and friends sent texts, wrote facebook messages, and called and those are the best gifts I could have received. I have decided that PEOPLE are the best gifts in this life...nothing matters more than those around you and how YOU make them feel. I have now decided that I need to refocus and think of serving others and those around me.....quantity of friends is not as important as the loyalty and genuine kindness of a few really great friends. I am grateful that I am 30. I am grateful to be a wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, and friend to those around me and I hope I can make sure all of my family and friends KNOW I love and appreciate them in my life. I am so extremely grateful that in 7 short weeks I will be trusted to bring a sweet little spirit into this world and I pray that he will also feel of my gratitude and love for him. There is nothing more amazing than bringing a new life in this world to remind us what truly matters. I am grateful for my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment